Learn more about how to report a problem

If you have experienced sexual misconduct you may choose to make a criminal complaint and/or a UI administrative policy complaint. The criminal and administrative processes are separate, but can be pursued at the same time.

To find out more about your options for making a report, visit this page on the DEI website.

Report a Problem

Speak to someone confidentially

If you would like to speak to someone about something that happened to you or someone you know, there are a variety of resources on campus, in the Iowa City community, and statewide. You don't have to make a formal report to use these resources. Any information you share will be kept confidential. 

Ask for an accommodation to address safety issues or other concerns

If you have experienced sexual misconduct you can request an accommodation from the University to address safety or other concerns. Accommodations can include: excused absences, changes in housing, class reassignment, a no-contact directive, extensions on assignments, workplace or schedule adjustments, and other options based on your situation. You do not have to make a formal complaint to seek accommodations. To learn more about accommodations visit this page on the DEI website. To request an accommodation, contact the Office of Title IX & Gender Equity (TIXGE) at 319-335-6200. 

Medical resources

If you are in need of medical assistance please go to or contact your local emergency room or physician. If you have experienced sexual assault, visit this page on the RVAP website for additional information about seeking medical assistance. 

Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner

A Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) is a Registered Nurse who has received special training so that s/he can provide comprehensive care to sexual assault victims. In addition s/he is able to conduct a forensic exam and may provide expert testimony if a case goes to trial.

Printable resources